eBooks from the Mason City Schools Library System Powered by Overdrive
ON THE WEB: Go to https://masonscdoh.libraryreserve.com and login using your normal network computer login credentials.
ON MOBILE: Download the Overdrive App from your App Store
- Add the MCS Library System by touching on the MENU icon in the upper left and then touching on the green “Add a library” link.
- Search for “Mason” and then select Mason City School District.
- You will be prompted to login.
You will use your network username for the “Library card number.”
You will use your network password for the PIN.
Search for the title you want. Or click on “Collections” at the top of screen and select “Teacher’s Lounge.” Note that eBooks and AudioBooks are both available.
Select BORROW for the titles that you wish to borrow. This will add your title to your “checkout” cart. Your checkout cart is at the top of your library screen. For Mason, it’s a small white person icon on a green background.
For each title, click or touch on DOWNLOAD and select one of the two options:
- Select EPUB eBook – On mobile, you can read EPUB books right in the OverDrive app. On a Mac or PC, you will need to install Adobe Digital Editions to read your downloaded titles.
- Select Kindle – You will be taken to Amazon.com where you can send the eBook to your Kindle, Kindle Mobile App, or Kindle Cloud Reader.
OR, you can click on READ IN YOUR BROWSER to read in the web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer. You may be redirected to a new browser page and have to sign in to Overdrive again on phones and tablets.
Outliers by Malcom Gladwell
Blogging for Dummies by Susannah Gardner
Making Connections with Blogging by Lisa Parisi
How to Blog a Book by Nina Amir
From the Campfire to the Holodeck by David Thornburg
The Innovator’s Mindset by George Couros
Make Learning Personal by Barbara Bray, et al
Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess
Lead Like a Pirate by Shelley Burgess
Learn Like a Pirate by Paul Solarz
Creative Schools by Ken Robinson
Creating Innovators by Tony Wagner
Students at the Center by Allison Zmuda, et al
Most Likely to Succeed by Tony Wagner
Learning Personalized by Allison Zmuda, et al
Originals by Adam Grant
The Growth Mindset Coach by Annie Brock