Twitter is a great tool for building your PLN and connecting with other educators and educational thought-leaders.
Mason City Schools uses several hashtags to connect educators and build a positive mindset for learning.
- #MasonLearns is used as a feed for all amazing learning activities in our classrooms and even to share our own professional learning.
- #MasonShines is used to highlight excellence that goes above and beyond the classroom including leadership, athletics, and arts accomplishments.
- #MCSBreakout shares tweets about experiences from the MCSBreakout PLC group and how those experiences are used in the classroom.
- #WalkThroughWednesday or #WTW highlights the coaching team’s experience of doing positive-minded walk throughs each Wednesday.
- #MasonEdChat is a district-wide teacher-driven twitter chat scheduled a few times throughout the school year.
- #CometDNA is used to highlight students showing positive character (especially used at MHS).
Our Buildings each have their own strategy for highlighting excellence in their own building.
- MECC – Use the tag #MECCMotivation in your tweet
- Western Row – Use the tag #WRTeach in your tweet
- Mason Intermediate – Use the tag #MIStrong in your tweet
- Mason Middle School – Include @MMSComets in your tweet
- Mason High School – Include @MHSComets in your tweet or include
Directory – Our Educators love to share their daily experience on Twitter.
- See this list here to find many of the great educators around Mason City Schools.
- If you want to be included on the list, please enter your Twitter information into THIS FORM.